Thursday, January 27, 2011

Overdue

Written a few days ago...

I usually don't like things that are overdue.

Milk: yuck.

Books: painful (not so much in TX where we used to live--$.05 a day!!! It was like they were begging me to take my time, and I did. Here? $.30 a day!!!!! Not so awesome when you have 24 books out...).

Pregnancy: complicated.

But not terrible. For me, it's perfect. I'd love my babies to stay put for a week or two, it's like the snooze button for me. When you have that due date and the baby hasn't arrived yet, it's awesome--more time than I planned on and I can always use more time, esp before a baby!!! I love the luxury of this extra time, esp since I've been so frantically trying to get things done so my urgent things are done, so now it's wish-list finish time and it's been so fun.

Not so much the case with Josh though, or rather his job schedule.

Hazel.

She was overdue and he had his bar exam coming up--that lasted 3 days--and I wouldn't be able to get in touch with him during it. So despite my loathing of being induced, I was.

Felicity.

I had both of my parents with us and my two sisters since it was Christmas time, so it was really fun. I was just doing my best to hold that girl in until her due date (Dec 27) so she wasn't born on Christmas or the day after (a little space would be nice right?).
I don't remember what he had coming up, but there was something. It ended up being canceled because my parents were able to take a spontaneous mini vaca to San Antonio since they didn't need to be with us the whole time.

Baby boy.

Josh is supposed to fly out Monday morning through Thursday of next week. Granted, I'll have family here to help, but you know, it sorta stinks to have to worry about his work schedule interfering with EACH kid. And he commented last night on how crazy that is since he doesn't travel all the time, it's just terrible coincidences. (Edit--since I wrote this he has been able to cancel his trip. Bummer is it was supposed to be really good experience and kind of cool.)

And for me, well, the only down side of being overdue is the grief I hear from the doctor about being induced. So far, so good though.

Q: Do you mind being overdue?
Q: What things do you like and dislike that are overdue?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I might have died from anxiety if I were overdue. I was begging the doctor to do what she could, naturally of course, to speed things up. I wanted to hold my little people, and meet them, and stop being sick. You are stronger than I am anyway, I'm a total wuss!

We are looking forward to your announcement!

joolee said...

ugh, i LOATHE, DETEST, HATE being overdue. of course, i never want to be induced - i'll let that baby hang out as long as they need to and come naturally. it's just hard to be overdue - not only physically (that's obvious), but mentally it's even harder. you wait, wait, WAIT for that day for 9 months, here it comes.....and there it goes. for me, it's such a downer. but if you're able to put up with it, good for you! i'm just so uncomfortable by then, i'm miserable! (cora was the worst! it was a 95+ degree heat wave here, i had terrible allergies, and i felt like a hippo...oh i wanted her to come on her due date BADLY!!)

can't wait to hear about baby boy! hope he comes on his own. good luck!

Rachel Elaine said...

I've been "overdue" twice. Once only by a day. Everyone else was anxious by 38 weeks, which I thought was nuts. The second time was by 6 days. I honestly didn't mind. The only part that was hard for me was that I kept having contractions for a while and they'd stop, but it was enough to be considered labor and to make progress, but then disappear. That was hard. But otherwise, I understand you on being okay with the extra time. Baby's are supposed to come when they are ready . . .and their mom.